What volunteers can do
International volunteers abroad in Thailand
Here are just some ideas of what volunteers can do.
No matter what your skills are, you will make a difference while gaining a new perspective.
We try to make the best use of the skills you, our volunteers, have. If you have your own idea how to support our work, describe it to us and we might be able to make it happen.
* teach English at rural schools, orphanages or temples,
* help children with lesser opportunities,
* teach computer skills,
* assist us to set up new projects,
* create new learning material,
* help at holiday camps,
* find new ways of income for people in the villages (i.e.: developing handicraft that could be sold),
* join our fund raising activities,
* help in the association office,
* work with the students at vocational training centers or schools.
If you have special skills or your own ideas we look for a placement where you can use them.
For an overview of all ongoing projects please also look at volunteer placements.
There is a great demand for more knowledge, more contact with foreigners, learning English and getting in touch with other parts of the world especially in Isaan, North-Eastern Thailand. While there are all possibilities in Bangkok, if you have enough money to pay for them, the chances for good education are smaller far from the capital.