Rewards – What you get from volunteering
Many things you will get in exchange for your engagement, we name just a few here.
- Deeper understanding of Thai culture and people:
You will spend a lot of time with the locals and share part of their life. You will soon find out how valuable your presence here is and that you get not only a lot of affection but experiences hard to find as a regular tourist.
- Experience a personal development hard to get in such a short time elsewhere.
- Acquire new cross-cultural skills and add a total different view to your life.
- Learn to cope with culture shock and how you react in unknown situations.
- Become more self assured and independent.
- Find new friends who share and understand your new experiences.
- Gain international work experience to add to your CV during your gap year abroad.
Though we can not finance research at the moment we welcome students to volunteer. Please tell us about your project and its requirements and we will see what the possibilities are.
The way of thinking and doing things in Thailand is quite different from western countries and might seem strange to you. Dealing with this different environment is a constant challenge. You will not only learn about Thai people but also about yourself.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | Delicious | digg | reddit | buzz